Saturday, September 17, 2011

UAAP Cheerdance Saturday

Saturday was such a fun and eventful day! It was my first time ever to watch the UAAP Cheerdance Competition in Araneta! I've always tried to score tickets, but since I didn't go to any of the UAAP schools for college, it wasn't that easy.

Thanks to my good friend Simoun Ferrer, I was able to get 2 tickets from Lasalle, but I had to Lasalle to get it though. I decided to go with a fellow UP Pep Squad fan, my brotha, Jezonne Oblenida. With only 2 hours of sleep, due to a night out with friends the night before, made my way to Lasalle to claim the tickets.






I entered through here. Never realized that it would be a maze for me. I just followed this guy who I overheared was also going to where I was supposed to go.






My visitor's pass

So after I got the tickets, I went to Fitness First RSC in Makati to meet with Jezonne.






I was expecting a comfy ride but the train was packed!

On my way to Jezonne, I had a shopping detour at Greenbelt. What was supposed to be just a plain shirt, turned in to shoes!

"But it was on sale! And I've been eyeing that design for weeks!"






My quick lunch!

So after I met up with Jezonne, we headed to Araneta. The whole place was full of people. Boom Gonzales mentioned an attendance of 21,000 people!






Our view! We were with the Lasalle crowd. Though it was from the back, we still enjoyed it a lot! We were kinda seated with a mixed group though.






Me and Jezonne

This year's competition was great! It was like all the schools leveled-up! I will give my review on another post.






Host Boom Gonzales fanning himself. He's such a hottie. There's something about guys who speak well that get me going.






The schools waiting for the results






Champion: UP Pep Squad! They a perfect routine from our view!






One of the awesome flyers the the UP crowd had! It looked to cute when all of the UP crowd were waving them! It even had instructions on how to hold it properly, along with the new cheer script! Sooo cool!






Nice smile Jezonne!

In the end, UP defended their title, Lasalle got second place, FEU were good sports in accepting 3rd and the schools to our left just looked sad and kawawa (t'was just my observation), I just won't mention who.


2 comments: